Popular House Siding Options in Alberta
Are you searching for popular house siding options in Alberta? Are you planning to renovate your home and need a suitable siding option? You do not have to search any longer. Here, you shall be presented with various house siding options available.
House siding is the process of surfacing the outside of a building. It is mostly used to weatherproof and decorate a house. In addition to its aesthetic purpose, siding also serves to protect a house, reduce energy consumption, and increase the durability of a building.
However, there are different types of house siding options in Alberta- vinyl siding, stucco, stone, brick, metal, wood, and fiber cement. Each of these options has its peculiar benefits and disadvantages. And having detailed information will ensure making an informed decision about the best siding option for your home. Also you can always refer to a local company for personalized information ( try Calgary Elite Exteriors they are good )
Vinyl siding is the leading siding among all options available in the market due to its larger market share. It has a broad range of color options; it is durable and low in cost. Vinyl siding is one of the best options in the market. The pros and cons of vinyl siding are listed below:
- It is durable and has wide color options.
- It can be finished like wood without being prone to termites attack and decay.
- It is very easy to clean.
- The insulated vinyl option increases energy efficiency.
- It is more affordable than other siding options.
- Under extreme weather conditions such as cold and heat, vinyl siding bends and warps.
- It is water-resistant but not waterproof. Therefore, poor installation can result in mold growing behind the panel if water seeps in it.
- It cannot be repainted. Any color you choose is permanent.
Stucco siding is a Spanish style comprising a mixture of sand, lime, and cement. Irrespective of the type of paint used on it, it does not hold well; it requires repainting often. It starts with a wooden wall layered with a wire mesh to hold the stucco mixture. The options available include the traditional stucco and EIFS (Exterior Insulation & Finish System). The pros and cons of stucco siding are listed below:
- It has a longer duration than other siding options.
- It is very easy to maintain.
- Any damage to it can be repaired at low cost without replacing the entire panels.
- It has a wider range of color mixture to suit your desire.
- It dries quickly after getting soaked with water.
- Stucco siding reveals weathering signs and dirt.
- Stucco can crack easily if the foundation of the home shakes or moves.
- It is not suitable in areas with heavy rainfall.
Stone siding is one of the most expensive siding options. It involves the use of real or faux stone. It has been in use for a long time. Below are the pros and cons of stone siding:
- Stone can withstand the nature’s elements and last for a very long time.
- It has a grand look that is unmatched.
- It has a high resistance to extreme weather such as heat and cold, moisture, insect, and fire.
- It requires little or no maintenance.
- Installing natural stone is costly and requires heavy labor.
- Faux stone cannot adapt to extreme weather like the natural stone.